Jambojet Feted as Most Reliable Dash 8-400 Operator in Africa and Middle East
Nairobi, Kenya- 29th June, 2020– Regional low cost carrier Jambojet has been awarded the 2019 Dash 8-400 Africa and Middle East Reliability Award for the second year in a row.
The airline is among five other airlines from Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and Oceania to win the accolade, specifically on its fleet of the DASH 8-400 Aircraft Program.
The awards recognise operators of Dash 8 Series turboprops who achieve the highest rates of dispatch reliability. This is the percentage of flights that depart within a specified time of the scheduled departure time.
Airlines global standard uses a 15-minute margin between actual and scheduled departure time for a flight to be considered as having departed on time.
While announcing this year’s recipients of the award, De Havilland Canada’s Chief Operating Officer, Todd Young said, “we heartily congratulate our eight award recipients, whose high rates of dispatch reliability exemplify the very best of our collaborations.”
Last year, Jambojet was among thirteen airlines from around the world to be recognised for its outstanding performance, and also the first airline in Africa to ever be showcased at an International Airshow, when it was showcased at the 2019 Dubai Airshow.
The airline was also ranked as top airline in Africa with the youngest fleet in a report by global aviation intelligence provider ch-aviation.
Jambojet acting Managing Director Karanja Ndegwa said, “winning this award shows our competitiveness and commitment to giving the best customer experience. We assure our customers that once we resume operations after the current restrictions on movement are lifted, we are prepared to offer even better services in the new normal.”
Samsung Galaxy A Series Improves Customer Accessibility to Mobile Phones
Nairobi, Kenya – 24 June, 2020 – True innovation should be accessible to everyone. That’s why Samsung built Galaxy A.
From a big beautiful screen to uninterrupted performance, the A series is a lineup that has everything you want from a phone in a unique yet affordable package.
“The Galaxy A Series is designed around offering real value – innovation for all. The Galaxy A11, A21 and A31 all showcase the power of technology through premium features offered at an affordable price.
These devices are designed for a new generation who want to connect in awesome new ways” said Charles Kimari, Head of Department, Intergrated Mobile Division.
The Galaxy A11, Galaxy A21 and Galaxy 31 are just some of the incredible options in the A series. Clearly, they’re made for everyone. All you have to do is choose the right Galaxy A for you.
Below are three devices in the Galaxy A Series that have captured the imagination of many:
Overview of Galaxy A11
- A big screen for a better viewImmerse yourself in the large 6.4 inch Infinity-O Display of Galaxy A11. A wide aspect ratio fills your screen with content from edge to edge. Watch your favourite videos, games and live streams in vivid HD+ TFT.
- Stylish colour in the palm of your handGalaxy A11 helps you stand out from the crowd with a sleek look that matches your style. Its smooth curves feel like they’re made for your hand, for a grip that’s easy to hold throughout the day. Choose the colour that fits you, like the classic Black or White, or colourful Red or Blue.
- Triple camera to capture your live momentsGalaxy A11’s Triple camera consists of a 5MP Ultra Wide Camera with a 115-degree field of vision like the human eye, as well as a 13MP (F1.8) camera for bright, clear photos all day. And to round out, a 2MP Depth Camera for adjusting depth of field.
- Power that keeps you goingWhen out living life, you need a phone that can last. A 4,000mAh (typical)* battery gives you the power to stream, share and game on. And if you start running low, plug in and power up with up to 15W Fast Charging.
Overview of Galaxy A31
- See it all on a big, brilliant screenImmerse yourself in the large 6.4-inch* Infinity-U Display of Galaxy A31. A wide aspect ratio fills your screen with content from edge to edge. You can watch your favourite videos, games and live streams in vivid FHD+ Super AMOLED.
- Slim on the outside, big on the insideThe Galaxy A31 is everything you want in a phone in a slim body. Housing a large 5,000mAh(typical) battery in the 8.6 mm-thick device, it fits right in your hand and comes in a geometric design with a glossy finish.
- Quad Cam lets you shoot with more perspectiveGo ultra high-res with a 48MP Main Cam for crisp, clear photos day and night. A 123° 8MP Ultra Wide Cam captures more of the view. Choose the upgraded 5MP Macro Cam for highly refined close-ups, and make sure the subject always stands out with the 5MP Depth Camera’s multiple Live Focus effects.
- Capture more of view from the same spotCapture the world with the Ultra Wide Camera’s wider field of vision. And with the 48MP Main Camera, your story stays bright and clear throughout the day.
Overview of Galaxy A21S
This trendy device is built around a 6.5-inch HD+ Infinity-O display. It boasts a 13MP selfie cam and a 20:9 aspect ratio. And the camera technology is simply stunning:
Trendy Design And Enhanced Features Including a Quadruple Camera
- Main camera (48MP) – You can take clear and bright photos at night with the high-resolution 48 MP camera
- Ultra Wide camera (8 MP) – Get ready to take shots with a 123˚ view, similar to the human eye’s 120˚
- Macro camera (2 MP) – You can capture your subject in more detail, even down to the texture
- Depth Camera (2 MP) – Experience more of life by adding the Live Focus effect to your portrait shots more naturally
For extra security the device includes a fingerprint scanner. The Galaxy A21s includes the OneUI Core on top of Android 10 and is powered by a mega 5,000 mAh battery which supports 15W wired charging. You will also enjoy the unique holographic design that illuminates every moment with an array of colours – black, white, blue and red.
Ogilvy Unveils FEED – Africa’s First Real-Time Marketing Product
23rd June 2020. Nairobi. Ogilvy Africa has announced the rollout of the region’s first real-time marketing product that offers social intelligence and analytics, community management and content innovations; in a unified offering.
Christened FEED, the product aims to connect brands to popular culture to keep pace with rapidly changing audience interest.
FEED is being rolled out across Africa in a phased manner. The agency chose June 23rd as the launch date to commemorate the 109th birth anniversary of its global founder, David Ogilvy.
The first phase starts in Kenya with command centres and physical infrastructure set up in Nairobi.
Having completed over three months of beta testing with some of existing clients of Ogilvy Africa, FEED will be rolled out in its next phase in Ghana, Zambia and Tanzania.
By the end of the year, the offering will be available to clients throughout the continent. Besides, every deployment has the capacity to serve the entire continent from any location and is expandable to unlimited users.
The FEED ecosystem combines three components, or the three Ps – Platform-People-Process.
Every deployment starts with an audit of the technology environment and a customized solution-stack is deployed that complements the existing assets, instead of replacing them. FEED can go-live in 6-12 weeks of audit, depending on the scale and complexity of the operation.
Upon deployment, clients have an option to get an on-site team placed in their premises running a command-centre supported by off-site teams stationed in Ogilvy Africa’s offices. The working process is designed to provide width and depth of skills while being agile enough to work in 24-hour sprints.
“While technology is available to all, technology alone seldom solves a problem. The added layer of our talent, combined with FEED’s proprietary process are key. We’ve designed the process to put agility at the heart of the setup that delivers real-time, consistently” said Vikas Mehta, CEO – Ogilvy Africa.
FEED is available in light, standard and plus packages; allowing a wide spectrum of organisations to benefit from it.
It’s worth noting that a significant part of the testing period for FEED coincided with the physical restrictions around the region due to COVID 19. The accelerated digital-adoption of the past three months has allowed FEED to be stress-tested on several occasions, helping make its process more robust.
“With FEED, we are delighted to see real-time marketing become a reality in this region. Brands have recognized the importance of having their finger on the consumer’s pulse for decades now, and there are several offerings in the market to serve different aspects of that opportunity. The agility and compatibility of these offerings however, remains a challenge. FEED has been developed to evolve the disparate offerings into one complete solution., said Mehta.
For a free demo of FEED, drop a line to Riku.Vassinen@ogilvyafrica.com
Barcelona’ held by Atletico, Real Madrid Get Leeway
[Ghana] Kotoko Should Be Run Professionally
Manchester United Ease Past Brighton as Fernandes nets Twice
Kriss Darlin Sacked by NTV Replaced by DJ Moh Spice
Tim Wanyonyi Sponsors Boy Who Walked From Nandi to Kakamega High School
Gor Mahia sack Ceo Aduda for forming FKF rival Body
International Sports23 hours ago
CAF postpones 2021 Africa Cup of Nations to 2022
County News2 days ago
Wildlife Victims Compensated
Sports1 day ago
Former Kenya’s football Captain Musa Otieno Contracts Coronavirus
News2 days ago
KETRACO, Kenyatta University Partner to offer Scholarships to Vulnerable Girls
Entertainment23 hours ago
EXPOSED: TikTok still spying on iPhone users by secretly reading content saved to clipboard
International News2 days ago
Kenya’s Janak Elected Africa Journalists Body Secretary General
COVID-19 Updates2 days ago
Coronavirus Moves to Lamu from Elgeyo Marakwet
Opinion19 hours ago
Technology holds Key to Kenya’s Agricultural Transformation