Connect with us

Entertainment

Kriss Darlin Sacked by NTV Replaced by DJ Moh Spice

Published

on

DJ Kriss Darlin in a past photo PHOTO|COURTESY

Kriss Darlin, whose real name is Chris Odhiambo, has been sacked as reggae show host at NTV.

Darlin’s contract was terminated in September after he expressed interest in the Kibra parliamentary seat, Nation-owned Nairobi News reports.

Darlin was the presenter of Saturday night reggae show, Jamrock, which he co-hosted alongside Miss Katiwa.

Darlin’s replacement will be DJ Moh Spice, Nairobi News says.

According to the Nation Media Group policy, Kriss Darlin had to exit after he exhibited interest in politics.

Kriss Darlin, whose real name is Chris Odhiambo, has been sacked as reggae show host at NTV.

Darlin’s contract was terminated in September after he expressed interest in the Kibra parliamentary seat, Nation-owned Nairobi News reports.

Darlin was the presenter of Saturday night reggae show, Jamrock, which he co-hosted alongside Miss Katiwa.

Darlin’s replacement will be DJ Moh Spice, Nairobi News says.

According to the Nation Media Group policy, Kriss Darlin had to exit after he exhibited interest in politics.

Darlin lost in the ODM Party primaries to the Late Ken Okoth’s brother, Bernard ‘Imran’ Okoth.

The Kibra by-election, pitting Imran against Jubilee’s McDonald Mariga, ANC’s Eliud Owalo, among other competitors, will be held on November 7.

Kriss Darlin’s successor at NTV, DJ Moh Spice, courted controversy in August this year, when he was pictured displaying a gun at a party in Nairobi.

Spice, a licensed gun holder, was later released with no criminal charges pressed against him.

However, his Steyr pistol and 174 rounds of ammunition were confiscated by authorities.

Entertainment

EXPOSED: TikTok still spying on iPhone users by secretly reading content saved to clipboard

Published

on

Chinese social media app, TikTok, is still able to access notes on iphone users’ clipboard, Apple’s beta iOS 14 release has revealed, showing that the app has not kept to its promise early this year to stop accessing sensitive information on customers phones.

TikTok came under fire earlier this year for accessing devices’ clipboards, and in a statement promised to end it’s snopping actions, but users testing the new operating system of Iphone have found TikTok has not kept its promise.

When the TikTok app accesses the clipboard on a device with iOS 14, a notification appears at the top showing that TikTok was looking at the clipboard every free strokes even when it was running in the background, the Telegraph reports.

A video shared on Twitter shows a user typing a comment in the app and every few seconds a banner alert appears, letting him know that TikTok has accessed his clipboard.

However, this app is not the only one sneaking in the shadows.

 

 

The Telegraph notes the banner appears on devices running on iOS 14 when using other apps including AccuWeather, AliExpress, Call of Duty Mobile, Google News, Overstock and Patreon.

A TikTok spokesperson in response to the new allegations says the company has taken note of  ‘the action’ and that it has submitted an update to the App Store to have the feature removed.

TikTok last year was fined $5.7 million by US authorities to settle charges that it illegally collected personal information from children.

The Federal Trade Commission said in February 2019 the penalty meted towards the social network, which had been known as Musical.ly, was the largest ever in a children’s privacy investigation.

The app, which has been surging in popularity with young smartphone users , failed to obtain parental consent from its underage users as required by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), FTC officials said.

FTC chairman Joe Simons said: ‘The operators of Musical.ly – now known as TikTok – knew many children were using the app, but they still failed to seek parental consent before collecting names, email addresses, and other personal information from users under the age of 13.’

‘This record penalty should be a reminder to all online services and websites that target children: We take enforcement of COPPA very seriously, and we will not tolerate companies that flagrantly ignore the law.’

 

Continue Reading

Entertainment

MOELOGO GIFTS FANS WITH ‘ME’— A NEW FEEL-GOOD EP

Published

on

By

By Agrencies for Kenyaonlinews.com
British-Nigerian singer-songwriter Moelogo regarded as one of the most unique and talented artists in the buzzing Afrobeat and in the United Kingdom (UK) music scene has released his eagerly anticipated fourth EP titled ‘ME’.
The EP a perfect blend of Afrobeat, R&B and Palmwine sounds  was released on June 26th 2020.
The 5-track EP including up-tempo tracks, such as “For You”, “Koshi” and a fusion of R&B sounds in “I Wonder”, “Sango & Oya” and the down-tempo piano ballad “Ugly Part of Love”, is a masterpiece. Moelogo best describes ‘ME’ as “feel good music – the kind that you listen to while in any mood and it leaves you feeling better.” It demonstrates his versatility as an artist, with rich distinct vocals coupled with his compelling storytelling abilities.
Moelogo’s latest release is part of a 3-part series titled ME #III, which will explore several aspects that make up Moelego as an expressive storyteller. He is set to drop two other EPs, “filled with good vibes, some sad songs but most importantly, relatable music”— in his own words.
Moelogo’s new project is preceded by the music videos for “On Me” and “Magic” off his 2019 “Magic” EP. His expansive discography has earned him recognition for his 2017 smash collaboration “We Could Go Back” with British DJ and producer Jonas Blue, amassing over 44 million streams on Spotify. Over the years Moelogo has been consistent, backed by a strong following and successful EPs including “Magic” (2019), “Shine Your Light” (2016) and “Moe Is My Name, Music Is My Logo” (2013).
Moelogo presents his vulnerability first hand in the new record. He explains, “The EP is titled ‘ME’ as it is an exploration of the versatile yet real Moelogo. For a while I always put other people before myself but this EP is all about me,” adding “People usually expect melancholic music from me but this time I want my fans to feel my vulnerability, appreciation, happiness, freeness and relief.”
Inspired by the ups and downs of relationships, life and love, ‘ME’ is written by Moelogo and produced by Nigerian and UK-based producers Priime Beats, Happi Music and Sess The Prblm and mastered by Turkish.
Completing his latest record ‘ME’ was tasking but an experience to grow with his fans, admitted Moelogo, revealing, “I normally don’t sing about my most intimate experiences so I was reluctant to release these songs but in the end I am comfortable in showing myself while creating magic and enjoying putting my thoughts together in beats.”
 

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Ready to Thrill: Safaricom Youth Ochestra Students Graduate

Published

on

Simon Mungai, a graduate of the Safaricom Youth Orchestra during its 6th graduation ceremony that saw 30 students graduating in a virtual ceremony. Simon plays the Trombone

Nairobi, Kenya, June 27th 2020… The Safaricom Youth Orchestra marked its 6th graduation with thirty students graduating in a virtual ceremony on Saturday, June 27th, 2020.

Among the graduates were 12 students from Ghetto Classics, whose love and passion for music earned them a spot in the Orchestra to play various instruments ranging from the Flute, Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Trumpet and violin.

“I am thrilled to see how far we have come over the years. Some of the students who are graduating have been with the orchestra since its inception. The Safaricom Youth Orchestra imparts all-round growth in music and life skills; and seeing the graduates achieve this is a testament to the dedication of both the tutors and students. It is sad that for the first time we are not able to celebrate this milestone with our late founder, Bob Collymore but we find solace in knowing that we are realizing his dream.” said Elizabeth Njoroge, Director Art of Music Foundation.

Ritika Jain, a graduate of the Safaricom Youth Orchestra during its 6th graduation ceremony that saw 30 students graduating in a virtual ceremony. Ritika Jain plays the Violi

The Orchestra’s annual calendar is divided into three terms, with the first one running from May to July, followed by August to December and finally January to April when the students who have completed high school graduate.

At this time, the Orchestra carries out auditions where the most outstanding participants are selected to join the Safaricom Youth Orchestra.

However the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted the orchestra’s annual calendar, postponing the Graduation ceremony from April to June.

“Congratulations to the class of 2020 for showing commitment towards their passion for music which has earned them this graduation. At Safaricom, we understand the fundamental role which music plays in our daily lives and it is our promise that we shall continue to support the lives of the young people with initiatives such as the Safaricom Youth Orchestra,” said Peter Ndegwa, Chief Executive Officer, Safaricom.

Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Safaricom has handed over 4G enabled mobile devices to over 80 students to give them access to orchestral music instructions from their homes guided by some of Kenya’s finest musicians and music directors

Continue Reading

Trending