The FKF Leagues and Competitions Committee, having considered the submissions of Zoo FC and Nairobi United and the match officials’ report, has made the following ruling regarding the FKF National Super League promotion playoff (Zoo vs Nairobi United) which was abandoned in the 85th minute due to crowd trouble.
• That the 2023 FKF National Super League Promotion Playoff be awarded to Nairobi United on a three (3) points-two (2) goals basis.
• That Zoo FC be docked three (3) points from those already accumulated in their 2022/23 league season.
• That Zoo FC be docked a further three (3) points not already accrued in their 2023/24 season and consequently begin the said league season with negative three (-3) points.
• That Zoo FC shall play their first five (5) matches of the 2023/24 FKF Men’s Division One League fixtures behind closed doors.
• That Zoo FC is to pay a fine of KES 300,000.
A detailed ruling, which takes effect immediately by order of the FKF Leagues and Competitions Committee, has since been communicated to the clubs.